Extracts from the MRA Constitution (last revision 2017)
Purpose of Association
The aims of the Maugersbury Residents Association (MRA) are to encourage high standards of planning, architecture and landscaping throughout the Parish of Maugersbury, to conserve the environment of the parish, to protect the related interests of its members, to organise social events and to promote a sense of community in the parish.
1. All residents of the Parish of Maugersbury, aged 18 or over, who are prepared to support the aims of the MRA, are eligible for membership.
2. Those who leave the parish during any 5-year subscription period for which they have paid may, if they wish, continue their membership but shall be called associate members. At the end of the 5-year subscription period, these associates members may re-apply for associate membership and will pay the same subscription as full members.
3. Exceptionally, a person or persons who are not residents of Maugersbury may become a member of MRA provided that their application for membership is sponsored by a resident of Maugersbury and seconded by a member of the Committee, such application then to be approved by the majority of the Committee. They shall be called associate members and will pay the same subscription as full members.
4. The Committee may, from time to time, propose to a meeting of all members that any member of the MRA be elected to honorary membership in recognition of services to the parish. Honorary members are not required to pay the membership fee.
5. Only those full members who reside within the Parish of Maugersbury have voting rights
Any one wishing to contact the Maugersbury Residents Association should send an email to the Hon Secretary at email@example.com and you will receive an answer as soon as it is possible.